We just finished Downton Abbey Season 5 (we bought the Blu-ray so we could marathon it) and loved it. I won’t give any spoilers, but needless to say one part in particular stabbed us in the heart. Other than that part, I loved this season to bits. It had everything that I have always loved about the show.
Highlights for me were the following:
- The relationship between Violet and Isobel, which has always been fun, was increased this season. This lead to some fabulous lines. I love how they seem to hate each other just as much as they love each other.
- Mary was back to her nastier self, which of course is aimed at poor Edith. And indeed, poor Edith!
- Lord Grantham and Cora’s relationship has also been a favorite in the series, because while it’s not perfect, they do love each other. This is highlighted during this season.
- Rose. I love her outlook on life. She is so naively positive and charming.
- Carson and Mrs. Hughes are also favorites, and they get more story this season as well.
Have you been watching? What are your favorite parts?